Louise DeBlanc is an Educational Therapist serving elementary, middle school, high school and college aged students.
Louise has supported her, advocated for her, and has helped my daughter become a more confident and fluent reader who can now enjoy the pleasure of reading.
Parent, Elementary Student
HOW DO I KNOW IF I NEED AN EDUCATIONAL THERAPIST?
Is Your Child:
Reading at a
Having difficulty retaining learned information?
Struggling to put thoughts on paper?
Issues Addressed In Educational Therapy
• Reading and writing difficulties
• Memory and recall difficulties
• Visual and auditory processing problems
• Attention difficulties
• Poor motivation
• Low academic self-esteem
• Weak organizational and study skills
• School and test anxiety
• Homework issues
Goals for Educational Therapy Include:
• Creating a supportive learning environment
• Using ones’ strengths for independent learning
• Addressing social and emotional aspects of learning.
• Developing parents and client/child advocacy skills
• Communication and collaboration
with client’s teachers
Offering a supportive learning environment for children,
adolescents, and older students with learning disabilities or academic challenges.
Educational therapy helps students build underlying learning skills to become more self aware, self-reliant and better learners. It combines educational and therapeutic approaches to remediate academic skills for those who have a specific learning disability or an attention deficit disorder. Another goal of educational therapy is to improve the emotional relationship that a child/client has with learning.
DIRECT INDIVIDUALIZED INSTRUCTION
On the Path to Success
- Reading and writing skills
- Subject specific instruction
- Organization and study skills
- Test-taking strategies
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
COACH, FACILITATOR, CONSULTANT
Every Step of the Way
- Managing an attention deficit disorder
- Increasing motivation
- Reducing school and test anxiety
- Improving social skills
- Acting as liaison between family and school
- Provide parent support
A Comprehensive Approach to Consulting
- Diagnosis of learning disabilities
- Cognitive and achievement testing for academic and test accommodations
What are people saying about our work together?
I am so glad we hired Louise when we did. We began going to Louise when my daughter was in 2nd grade and really struggling to read. Reading at home was fraught with tears and stress. Since then, Louise has given her the reading support and interventions she needs and helped guide us through the process to get her an IEP. For the past couple of years, Louise has supported her, advocated for her, and has helped my daughter become a more confident and fluent reader who can now enjoy the pleasure of reading.
Elementary School Parents
Louise is a skilled tutor and educational therapist who helps students manage their homework and improve their content skills. I highly recommend!